The scribblings of my life as I transition from a DONK (Dog Owner No Kids) to a..... DOK.
A little bit about daily life, dogs, pregnancy and now motherhood.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend tidbits

1) Pregnant = No painting :( ..We picked out some paint colors for our dining room and spare rooms YAY!!  The hard part is letting Kevin do the majority of the work. We picked a 'Green/earth friendly' low VOC paint, but we figured we would play it safe and still not have me up there. We are hoping to get to a room a weekend.  I filled in the holes and taped up everything and cut in around door frames, but then I had to leave before it got too fumy.  Is fumy a word? - anyway it is hard for me to not be up there monitoring the work.  I think I'm more of a control freak than I realized ;-) I do feel a little guilty as I sit and enjoy The Masters while he works away.  I do yell highlights on occasion. 

2) I did a small favor for a friend yesterday.  She is one of those single moms that somehow pulls off everything and makes it look super easy.  I think to myself if I can be half the mom she is (even with Kevin's help) I'll be lucky!  She pulls off having a GREAT career, super well-mannered and respectful kids and volunteers for lots of activities with them.  It is amazing what being a great parent can do for your kids well-being!! 

3) Dogs = Humor...  Painting with Mocha around is sort of like watching a kids comedy movie.  You look one way and he has grabbed the tape and run off.  You get the tape back and he has managed to rip the painters tape off the baseboards that you just put down.  You look again and he is licking the Starbucks cup hoping for a taste.  But for me (and Kevin) it is hard to get mad because he just looks so cute with tape stuck to his nose.  Seriously, it is super cute.  Meanwhile, Kona has heard some mystery sound that we can't put our finger on that has kept her paranoid of going outside.  She was so panicked at the back door that she managed to let her self in.  The door handle is one of those long ones, not round, so she managed to paw at it just right to get in.  Poor little girl has been a foot behind me all day looking like a sad mess.  I still have no idea what happened.  

4) Pregnant = No Sushi... Boo! I miss sushi for sure.  I drooled as Kevin enjoyed some tasty looking sushi for dinner on Friday.  I'll say it again... I miss sushi.

No comments: